Title Insurance Residential Underwriter
TitleQuest of Hampton Roads - Chesapeake / Virginia Beach / Suffolk
The TitleQuest Companies and its affiliates have been providing comprehensive Residential and Commercial title insurance and closing services (Virginia only) since 2001. Our highly experienced management team members have an average of 25 years experience in all facets of title insurance and real estate closings. The company has grown to be a leading title agency in Southern Virginia and Northeastern North Carolina. TitleQuest and its affiliates pride themselves on building lasting relationships through exceptional service while carrying on the tradition of offering peace of mind to individuals and companies as they sell, purchase, refinance or lease real property.
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Prepare title binders, policies and any related endorsements and correspondence. Interpret completed attorney opinions (where applicable), title searches and related documentation necessary to produce commitments/binders and endorsements.
- Review and interpret surveys.
- Determine and communicate with title examiners and/or certifying attorneys those requirements and exceptions that are necessary to complete binders and policies in accordance with company underwriting procedures.
- Prepare authorization to overlimit forms on binders that exceed liability limitations.
- Prepare Invoices for premium and title examination fees or other related expenses.
- Recognize title defects and seeks advise from Underwriter Supervisor or Underwriting Counsel as to insurability, when necessary.
- Correspond with clients to obtain missing documentation and/or clarify information. Forward commitments/binders and/or policies to appropriate parties.
- Participate in training and advising new and less experienced underwriting staff members of agency.
- Maintain knowledge of computer system (SoftPro), where applicable.
- Develop and/or maintain good relationships with law office clients and in-house closing staff.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
On a personal and professional level, here’s just part of what you’ll enjoy
Career growth opportunities
Onboarding Incentive for Applicants with existing Client base
Training and Development
Medical/Dental/Vision/Short-Term Disability/Long-Term Disability
Paid Holidays and Vacation
401(k) Matching Program
TITLE EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED.
- High School Degree or equivalent education and related training
- Two years of underwriting experience
- Title Insurance License
- Time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal)
- Excellent spelling and language comprehension
- Ability to organize and prioritize work tasks Initiate work/self-learning/development
- Ability to work under deadlines
- Works well with others and independently
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
TitleQuest of Hampton Roads is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) and will make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, sexual preference, gender identity or gender expression, veteran status marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws and regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws and regulations.