Family, friends, and fun in Hampton Roads
New to the Hampton Roads area or just looking to become more involved in the community? This area offers a wide variety of seasonal festivals, events, and gatherings for the whole family! Whether you’re looking to let loose after a long day of work, explore the area, or just broadening your horizons, Hampton Roads has it all.
Nightlife & The Good Life
Downtown Norfolk is awash with exciting nightlife. Granby Social Club in the heart of the Neon District offers several weekly events for young professionals. “Business After Work”, every Thursday starting at 5:30, gives you an opportunity for casual networking. If you’re looking to let off steam at the end of the week instead, there’s also the “Beat the Clock Mixer” every Friday night! An exclusive nightclub in the heart of the Neon District, you’re guaranteed to have a great time whenever you go.
For those looking for a taste of the good life, there are several local vineyards only an hour or so away. Only a short Sunday drive down scenic tree-lined highways, Saude Creek Vineyards has a variety of reds and whites to suit any taste as well as events such as Friday’s Date Night and Weekend Wine Tunes on Saturday and Sunday. Upper Shirley Vineyards is a bit further towards Richmond, but the marvelous wines and waterfront views are worth the trip.
Family & Food
Food and family go hand in hand. Whether you and your family are new to the area or lifetime residents looking to expand your horizons without breaking the bank, Whole Foods in Virginia Beach offers a variety of events every week. Every Sunday and Monday are Family Pasta Nights, Mondays are Meatless, Thursdays are for the thirsty featuring Beer School, and Saturdays are satisfying with weekly demos of chef inspired menus at the Taste of Whole Foods Market. There are also one-night-only events such as tonight’s DIY Class featuring Aura Cacia products as well as Family and Friends Game Day on Sunday March 26.
With spring finally here and the weather turning warm, residents can enjoy Hampton Roads’ outdoor events. Come out to Red Wing Park in Virginia Beach this April 1st to celebrate the Annual Cherry Blossom Festival! Free and open to the public, you can enjoy a variety of music, food, art, and dance. For those with young children, the Virginia Aquarium hosts a weekly walk every Thursday morning along the Nature Trail. Early learners and their parents will discover new animals, colors, and shapes. First Landing State Park is a local favorite with miles of bike and walking trails as well as easy beach access.
These are only a fraction of the fun activities and events to be found in this diverse area! Young or old, with friends or with family -- there’s always something new to do in Hampton Roads. For more information on some of the events discussed or to look for more, visit hamptonroads.eventful.com and virginiawine.org and find your next adventure!
Sources and Events Featured In This Article:
- Toddler Trek https://www.virginiaaquarium.com/learn/just-for-toddlers
- Beat the Clock http://hamptonroads.eventful.com/events/beat-clock-mixer-/E0-001-094363293-2@2017032417
- Business After Work http://hamptonroads.eventful.com/events/business-after-work-/E0-001-094363235-8@2017032317
- Whole Foods General Event list http://hamptonroads.eventful.com/venues/whole-foods-virginia-beach-/V0-001-006370333-2
- Upper Shirley Vineyards https://www.virginiawine.org/wineries/upper-shirley-vineyards-1952
- Saude Creek Vineyards https://www.virginiawine.org/wineries/saude-creek-vineyards-1133
- Cherry Blossom Festival http://hamptonroads.eventful.com/events/annual-cherry-blossom-festival-/E0-001-046251593-2
- First Landing State Park http://www.first-landing-state-park.org/